Cara has been a Dentist since 2002. She is originally from Chelmsford and moved to Australia in 2007. She is currently working as a Dentist at Dentistry on King in Queensland.
1. Why did you choose your career path?
To work with people and be useful.
2. What does your typical work day look like?
Seeing a variety of patients for exams, cleans and dental treatment. No two days are the same - thank goodness. I love the mix of people and work.
3. What is your opinion on the importance of responding to customer comments and reviews on Whitecoat?
I think it’s great that patients have a variety of places to comment and give their opinions. It’s very different to how things used to be. It can be difficult to attend to all the reviews and comments promptly.
4. What is the best part of your job?
Seeing the patients, of course. Chatting to a variety of people and putting them at work ease as I know that dentists are not most people’s favourite clinician or place to visit.
5. How does your work benefit from using Whitecoat most?
Patients can find us and see others’ reviews and hopefully choose to come and see us.
6. What has been your biggest career achievement or proud moment?
When patients either explain that they are enjoying the experience or simply when I do something to that makes someone smile. Eg, fixing a tooth to make it look better. Qualifications are great but they don’t mean much to patients, to be honest. Having a good chair-side manner is more important for most people
7. If you didn’t choose your career path, which profession would you have chosen to pursue?
Some sort of engineer but I can’t imagine not being a dentist, to be honest.
8. If you could choose someone to play you in a movie, who would it be and why?
Haha, Halle Berry. (Although I’m flattering myself there).
9. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?
I’d like to be able to swim like a fish or fly like a bird. I can’t decide.
10. If you were on death row, what would your last meal be?
Oh gosh, hopefully I’d never be in that position. I doubt I would have an appetite if I knew it were my last meal! Ribs?!
11. What is your favourite book?
When I was a child I loved Gerald Durrell’s “My Family and other Animals” and I expect I could read it again and again.
Send Cara Johnson an appointment request by visiting her profile here.
18 Apr 2018