Simon Brice has been
in practice in Gisborne since completing his studies in 2002. He currently
works at Gisborne Chiropractic Clinic and has a particular interest in vertigo
treatment, as well as sports and general musculoskeletal conditions and their
management. He uses evidence based techniques to get you feeling better and
functioning as quickly as possible!
1. Why did you choose your career path?
I had a good experience with chiropractic while studying my first degree (human biology) and the rest is history! That was over 20 years ago now.
2. What does your typical work day look like?
Assessing and treating patients with a varying array of conditions, from back and neck pain (of course) to vertigo and complex chronic pain. We also see acute injuries and sporting injuries, as well as pre and post-surgery rehabilitation.
3. What is your opinion on the importance of responding to customer comments and reviews on Whitecoat?
I am always grateful for people who take the time to write a comment on Whitecoat - sometimes I wish I knew who they were (we get the occasional funny complement!). I feel that I like to let the reviews speak for themselves, good or bad, and would prefer to answer questions people may have about our clinic directly.
4. What is the best part of your job?
Hands down, it’s helping people feel better and achieve their health goals, whether that's feeling better quickly and that's it, or working through performance enhancement or chronic pain management.
5. How does your work benefit from using Whitecoat most?
Exposure is always nice! It also allows a forum for people who have seen me to anonymously leave a review, which I think takes the pressure off and allows people to write what they truly felt about their experience. I left a (positive) review for my dentist only recently.
6. What has been your biggest career achievement or proud moment?
Probably watching the many students we have helped over the years become great practitioners.
7. If you didn’t choose your career path, which profession would you have chosen to pursue?
Medicine or research - specifically microvascular physiology.
8. If you could choose someone to play you in a movie, who would it be and why?
Anyone with more hair than me! Which wouldn't be difficult...
9. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?
Mind control - imagine the world problems you could solve!
10. If you were on death row, what would your last meal be?
Slow smoked BBQ and apple pie.
11. What is your favourite book?
Research papers! I'm a huge nerd.
Want to be involved in our ‘meet the provider’ blog series? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Request an appointment with Simon on Whitecoat profile.
07 May 2018