Fiona Plant completed a Bachelor of Chiropractic Science and Master of Chiropractic at Macquarie University in 2001 and 2003. She then underwent further study in sports chiropractic, musculoskeletal acupuncture and chiropractic care for pregnant women. Having been through two pregnancies herself and looked after many pregnant women with chiropractic care, she has a great understanding of the changes a woman's body goes through and the demands that are placed on it internally and externally.
1.Why did you choose to become a Chiropractor?
I always knew I wanted to work with people but not in which field. Some of my friends were studying chiropractic at uni and I thought it sounded interesting so I enrolled in it. Thankfully I loved it!
2. What does a typical day as a Chiropractor look like?
I deal with a lot of neck/shoulder, upper and lower back pain which is usually brought on by sitting at work all day, poor posture and often after or during exercise.
3. What is your opinion on the importance of responding to customer comments and reviews on Whitecoat?
It is extremely important as they have taken time out of their busy day to write me a lovely review, so I want them to know it is appreciated.
4. What is the best part of your job?
All of the lovely people I get to work with, clients and colleagues as well as seeing someone who has been struggling with their pain feel better.
5. What is the biggest misconception people have about Chiropractic?
That it doesn't work, we only crack backs and we're all anti-vaccination. This isn't true. There is loads of research showing spinal manipulation to be effective in helping to reduce pain. We utilise a range of different techniques, many of which don't involve any 'back cracking'. I am pro-vaccination and my kids are up-to-date with their vaccination schedule.
6. What has been your biggest career achievement or proud moment?
Opening my own clinic about 8 years ago.
7. If you weren’t a Chiropractor, which profession would you have chosen to pursue?
Being on a travel show would be fun.
8. If you could choose someone to play you in a movie, who would it be and why?
Probably Nicole Kidman or Reese Witherspoon. People often say I look like them, but I don't see the resemblance.
9. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?
10. If you were on death row, what
would your last meal be?
Chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate.
Visit Fiona's Profile here and book an appointment today!
09 Mar 2018
Health Facts, Health News